Crispy and crunchy batters and breadings
Looking for that “just right” texture for a batter and breaded chicken, fish or veggie? Trying to formulate a non-GMO gluten-free version to duplicate the texture of a wheat flour based coating system? Breadings, batters and coatings add a whole new dimension to foods by adding texture, flavor and appearance.
Each ingredient plays a unique and complementary role in delivering the perfect texture. Ingredion offers a complete range of starches, dextrins, pulse proteins and flours and also provides application expertise to guide you in designing the best system for your project.
Our pre-dusting starches help to keep batter and breading on meat and fish by improving the adhesion properties.
- BATTER BIND® S modified corn starch
- PENCLING® 208
Our clear coating starches are designed to manage moisture and texture while holding on the heat. Get the right texture, great crisping and a smooth surface without the extra sticking.
- PENBIND®100 series modified potato starches
- NATIONAL® 4302 modified corn starch
Crisping and film forming
A toolbox of starches and dextrins designed to enhance your coating system texture. From light and crisp to dense and crunchy and everything in between.
- NATIONAL® 0280 tapioca dextrin
- NATIONAL® 814 modified corn starch
- PENCLING® 596 modified potato starch
- PENNOVO® 00 modified tapioca starch
- CRISP FILM® modified high amylose starch
- HYLON® VII high amylose starch
Our diverse range of starches and flours help you to replicate the eating experience of traditional wheat flour based coating systems without the gluten.
- HOMECRAFT® pea, lentil and fava bean flours
Solids suspension in batters
The right viscosity is critical for uniform application of flavors and seasonings and proper coating of a substrate. These starches help you to optimize your process without affecting the desired texture.
- ULTRA SPERSE® M modified waxy maize starch
- PenPlus® 40 modified potato starch
- NOVATION® 5600 functional native waxy maize starch