Bake in goodness and delight
Create better baked goods with textural enhancements and improved nutrition. With our wide range of functional flours, fibers, hydrocolloids, pulses, resistant starches, gluten-free and clean label starches, we will always rise to your expectations. And so will your baked goods. We use consumer insights and deep formulation, applications, sensory and CULINOLOGY® expertise to help you quickly create new cost-optimized bakery concepts that are aligned with consumer trends and address formulation, processing and scale-up challenges.
Explore the possibilities with us
- Our ingredients enhance the moisture retention of your bakery products which creates great tasting texture.
- We offer acid/low pH stable starches to improve texture and stability of bakery fruit fillings.
- Add a range of health benefits including digestive and bone, plus blood sugar and weight management. Replace fat, add fiber, reduce or remove egg components or reduce sugar to create baked goods that defy expectations. Or, improve consumer appeal and eating quality for a range of whole-grain foods.
- Overcome common shelf life and textural challenges in the fast-growing gluten-free sector with our innovative, nature-based ingredients. Clean label or modified options are available.
CULINOLOGY is a registered trademark of the Research Chefs Association. Used with permission
Cakes, donuts, mixes, brownies, muffins
Create cakes, donuts, mixes, brownies and muffins alike that will tempt consumers with appealing texture, taste and nutrition. Our in-house nutrition experts can help you understand how our ingredients add value to your recipes and our sensory experts can help you better understand consumers’ texture preferences so the perfect texture can be designed. Then, our formulation experts will help you maximize the impact of ingredients and improve moistness, softness and on-shelf stability.
- Replace eggs
- Reduce fat
- Retain moisture
- Reduce calories
- Enrich with fiber
- Add viscosity
- Improve cell structure
- Bind water
Breads, Rolls, Bagels, Flat breads
Is your bread falling flat or feeling dry? Do you need help managing moisture or improving the structure of your bread or bagel? Ingredion can help you control moisture, improve structure and extend shelf life, in addition to adding nutritional benefits like protein and fiber, without losing the texture your customers demand. Look to us to help you solve difficulties in the processability and machinability of your products.
Cookies & Biscuits
Break out of your old mold and improve crumb structure, reduce breakage and control moisture with a wide range of ingredients that will help you satisfy cookie monsters everywhere- whether it’s with a crunchy or chewy cookie. Ingredion can help you improve texture, replace or reduce eggs or fat, reduce caloric intake, reduce spread and improve batter viscosity or add fiber fortification. Look to Ingredion to help improve your cookies and biscuits.
If your fillings are boiling over and bleeding into your pies and creating a poor presentation that’s a mushy mess, look to Ingredion for help. From starches to hydrocolloids to functional flours and pulses, Ingredion has solutions that help reduce boil out, reduce syneresis, add suspension and improve freeze/thaw stability. When you need to eliminate a heat step, provide instant thickening, replace fruit solids or create pulpy textures, all while maintaining fruit integrity and appearance in a process tolerance manner, reach out to our experts. We can even help you with retort and kettle cooked stability, fat reduction or replacement and sweetener solutions.
Create great glazes, icings and frostings that delight. Work with Ingredion to form a uniform, clear film that is quick drying and not sticky. Or, create high solids but at low viscosity. Ingredion can help you reduce sugar bloom or add binding properties that allow you to adhere particulates onto a finished product.
Gluten-free baked goods
Imagine beautiful, golden, gluten-free rolls and gluten-free muffins with a crumb grain that's open and coarse - just like consumers want. Our in-house formulation experts will show you how to create gluten-free baked goods with all the appeal of those containing gluten. Our nutrition experts can also give you strategies to add nutritional benefits that are often lacking in typical gluten-free foods.
Winning ingredients for gluten-free baked goods
- Provide moist, non-gritty texture in a wide range of baked goods and snacks with our clean label HOMECRAFT® Create GF flour replacement systems.
- Boost the fiber content of gluten-free foods without changing taste, appearance or processing with HI-MAIZE® resistant starch and NUTRIOSE® soluble fiber.
- Add nutrition for gluten-free baked goods and snacks with our sustainably sourced HOMECRAFT® pulse flours.
- PRECISA® Bake and EXPANDEX® modified food starches—for gluten free-foods
- HOMECRAFT® tapioca flours—clean flavor profile, instant or cook-up versions
- GUMPLETE® GF 101 gum and starch blend—provides structure, improves crumb and retains moisture.
- PENTECH® GF —formulated systems designed to replace wheat flour in specific applications including bread, pasta and tortillas.
Egg free/reduced egg baked goods
Now you can overcome rising egg costs in your cakes and muffins and still retain texture and appearance. The price of egg whites and egg ingredients has risen to historically high levels since 2012, putting pressure on manufacturers’ costs and profitability. Bakers rely on egg ingredients to provide several key functionalities in cakes, muffins and other products.
Ingredion has developed a new texturizing ingredient system – PRECISA® Bake 100 egg replacer – to reduce eggs in several applications, including angel food cake, yellow cake, muffins and gluten-free bread. Our bakery applications team utilized Ingredion’s proprietary DIAL-IN® Texture Technology to identify the best functional texturizing system that would deliver improved volume and texture of reduced egg white baked goods without compromising on visual and textural appeal and stability.