Delight and indulge with guilt-free frozen treats
Despite weight management trends, indulgence has always been core to ice cream and frozen dessert consumers. To keep things fresh and current, dairy manufacturers are adapting their products and developing new recipes, flavors, textures and enhancements to meet demand for more indulgent, yet better-for-you frozen desserts.
Increase the indulgent factor and explore options to:
- Reduce sugar and calorie content to deliver "guilt-free" ice cream and frozen desserts
- Deliver cleaner and simpler product labels
- Control crystal formation and create innovative on-trend textures
- Improve texture and mouthfeel
- Optimize melt time
stabilization and creamy mouthfeel
One scoop won't be enough. Whether it's a full-fat or low-fat ice cream, use Ingredion’s solutions to obtain the creamy texture and mouthfeel that ice cream lovers expect, without affecting the flavor. From starches and fibers to gums, explore what Ingredion offers for ice cream and frozen desserts:
- PENPURE® 37 natural rice starch for a creamy mouthfeel
- HYDRO-FI TGC-1110 stabilizer blend of tara gum, citrus fiber (dried orange pulp or citrus flour) and guar gum for frozen novelty food products. It reduces ice crystallization, improves melting properties and produces smooth creamy texture with improved overun.
- Locust bean gum – Controls crystal formation and texture
- Tara gum – Controls crystal formation, adds texture and controls meltdown
When considering optimizing your formula cost and looking at partially replacing non-fat milk solids, consider N-DULGE® CA1 tapioca maltodextrin. It provides slow meltdown and improves overall product texture.
Reduce added-sugars while keeping a simple label
Whether looking at developing a new low calorie ice cream or reformulating an existing one, you do not want to compromise on texture, stability or having a simpler label. With a single ingredient, you can replace other sweeteners used in non-sugar added ice creams. MALTISWEET® IC maltitol syrup has a clean taste and characteristics nearly identical to sucrose (balancing the sweetnes profiles and freeze point depression).
TrueTrace our Non-GMO confidence from the ground up
Discover the largest portfolio of non-GMO texturizers, sweeteners and nutritional ingredients solutions